Thunderball – Decoding the Pre-Title Sequence
Thunderball! James Bond! Sean Connery in a gun barrel, A Rocket Jet pack? A fake funeral, James Bond punching “a woman”, Bond’s French connection, cryptic Latin inscriptions etched on a chapel wall, water cannons shooting the bad-guys from the Aston Martin DB-5, and of course, a fight.
These are just some of the things we’ll examine as we decode the pre-title sequence for the 1965 James Bond movie, THUNDERBALL!!!
Join Dan Silvestri, Tom Pizzato, and Vicky Hodges from Spy Movie Navigator, as they are Cracking the Code of the pre-title sequence in Thunderball.
- Video Notes
Leave us a comment either on our website, send us an email at email@example.com, or send us a voice mail by hitting the red button on the right that says Send Us A Voicemail.
Our discussion of the Thunderball pre-title sequence looks at:
- The addition of Sean Connery in the gun barrel sequence
- Jacques Bouvar’s fake funeral
- Bond’s French connection
- Cryptic Latin inscriptions etched on a chapel wall
- The first James Bond character in drag
- James Bond punching “a woman”
- The fight in the mansion
- A Rocket Jet pack
- Water cannons shooting the bad-guys from the Aston Martin DB-5
- and more …