Part 2: A Talk with QUANTUM OF SOLACE Director of Photography, Roberto Schaefer, ASC, AIC
Join Dan and Tom as they spend a couple of hours with Roberto Schaefer, Director of Photography for Quantum of Solace! Roberto has been the Director of Photography on some great films, including Finding Neverland, Monster’s Ball, Stay and many other great films.
In Part 2, we talk with Roberto about the the team that makes a movie, dive deeper into Quantum with some reveals(!) and lots more! This is Part 2 of a 2 part podcast with Roberto!
- Episode Notes
In this episode, we discuss the following topics with Roberto Schaefer, ASC, AIC:
- Roberto’s favorite locations for Quantum of Solace
- The interaction between the various crew teams and what must work to make a movie
- How chase scenes were handled in Quantum of Solace (especially the Palio scene)
- The impact of Goldfinger in the making of Quantum of Solace
- Roberto’s long history of working with director Marc Forster
- What he filmed that he was disappointed to see on the cutting room floor in Quantum of Solace
- What Roberto is doing today
- And more …