Gadgets FRWL & Goldfinger – Can You Believe it?
Join Tom, Dan and Vicky as they take apart the gadgets in From Russia With Love and Goldfinger – and determine whether we can believe in the gadget or not! Fun stuff!
This is our third podcasts on Gadgets in Spy Movies. Our other Gadget podcasts were on the following and can be found by clicking the links below:
- Dr. No and Skyfall
- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service & Live and Let Die
- Episode Notes
You can reach us at info@SpyMovieNavigator.com or leave us a voice mail by pressing that red button on the right.
Today’s podcast drilled into the following gadgets:
From Russia With Love
- Donald “Red” Grant’s garrote watch that he uses to strangle the James Bond look-alike
- The mask on the James Bond look-alike
- James Bond’s pager
- James Bond’s car phone (in 1963, no less)
- The flame thrower at the training camp
- The Lektor decoding machine
- and more…
- Seagull scuba mask
- The laser that Goldfinger wants to use to kill James Bond. “No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die.”
- The tracking device
- The Aston Martin DB 5’s modifications
- Using a nuclear bomb to render the gold unusable for 58 years
- Oddjob’s hat
- and more…