GOLDFINGER – Pre-Title Sequence Decoded!
Join Dan, Tom and Vicky as we dig for the gold in the pre-title sequence of GOLDFINGER!
Drug Lords! Latin America! Miami Beach! Seagulls! Nitro! Grappling hooks! Ramirez! Plastic explosives! Dr. No?! Tuxedos and dry suits and the Dutch resistance!
Subscribe to our Cracking the Code of Spy Movies show right now! And to our YouTube channel of the same name! Join the fun – we’ve been expecting you!
- Episode Notes
Leave us a comment either on our website, send us an email at email@example.com, or send us a voice mail by hitting the red button on the right that says
Send Us A Voicemail.
Our discussion of the Goldfinger pre-title sequence looks at:
- The tie-ins of the pre-title sequence to the rest of the movie
- The use of sound to take us into the environment of the scene
- The seagull headgear and where fake animals have been used a camouflage in other Bond movies.
- How did that gun that fired the grappling hook work?
- Bond’s leather shoes
- The wonderful Ken Adam set and its links to Dr. No
- Bond’s facial expressions
- The white dinner jacket and its subsequent use in a Steven Spielberg movie.
- How the dinner jacket was inspired by a real agent named Peter Tazelaar
- and more …