THE IPCRESS FILE (1965) – Part 2
Join Dan and Tom and they take a fresh look into one of the more significant spy movies of the 1960s, The IPCRESS File.
Starring Michael Caine as Harry Palmer, this movie has a lot of Bond connections in staff, including Harry Saltzman as producer! Great acting, great, gritty spy adventure and based on Len Deighton’s novels.
Looking at what was happening in the world at the time, and key scenes. Is Harry Palmer at all like James Bond? Let’s see!
Part 2 of a 2 Part podcast.
- Episode Notes
This episode dives into the 1965 movie, The Ipcress File. We examine:
- Harry Palmer’s characteristics
- Harry’s similarities to James Bond
- Ken Adam’s sets
- Harry’s cooking and its implications
- Colonel Ross and the supermarket
- The reality of proton scattering and mesons
- How the “Albania” scene may have influenced Mission: Impossible
- Fights(?) in this movie
- And more …