THE IPCRESS FILE (1965) – Part 1
Join Dan and Tom and they take a fresh look into one of the more significant spy movies of the 1960s, The IPCRESS File.
Starring Michael Caine as Harry Palmer, this movie has a lot of Bond connections in staff, including Harry Saltzman as producer! Great acting, great, gritty spy adventure and based on Len Deighton’s novels.
Looking at what was happening in the world at the time, and key scenes. Is Harry Palmer at all like James Bond? Let’s see!
Part 1 of a 2 Part podcast.
- Episode Notes
Here is a link to this episode’s sponsor, Spy Coffees. Enter SPYNAV at checkout in the box that says “Have a coupon code?” and then press “Apply” to get a 20% discount.
This episode dives into The Ipcress File. We examine:
- The relationship of the key people involved with The Ipcress File and the James Bond franchise
- Harry’s role as a reluctant spy and how that ties into La Femme Nikita and Mission: Impossible.
- The brain drain of top British scientists
- The origins of Harry Palmer’s name
- Product placement and why the coffee press is in the movie
- And more …