THUNDERBALL – A Deep Dive – Part 1
A Listener: “Really Loved it ! You guys do a Good Job Explaining the film in Detail I even love Tom talking about the original No Time to Die in the UK in 1958 wow!!!!”
Join Dan and Tom as they take a deep dive into the James Bond 1965 film, THUNDERBALL, starring Sean Connery, Claudine Auger, Adolfo Celi.
THUNDERBALL was originally slated to be the first James Bond movie. Dan and Tom dive into things that surround key scenes, and events that really happened in the world that influenced this film, including the 1958 movie, THE SILENT ENEMY.
Join the fun in Cracking the Code of THUNDERBALL – some interesting reveals! Part 1 of a 2-part podcast.
- Episode Notes
In this James Bond 007, Thunderball podcast, we examine:
- The intriguing title of a 1958 movie with human ties to Thunderball
- How a switch to Panavision got Sean Connery into the Gunbarrel Sequence
- Fake Funerals? Where else have we seen them?
- The role of the 1958 movie The Silent Enemy and it’s impact on Thunderball
- Water, water everywhere – The role of water in Thunderball
- Who is William Fairchild?
- What happened to Tom Jones at the end of his performance of the theme song?
- Nudes in the title sequence
- SPECTRE’s heritage
- How a real train robbery finds fame in THUNDERBALL
- Doubles in other movies
- Nuclear bombs lost in real life?
- And more …