A Talk with QUANTUM OF SOLACE Director of Photography, Roberto Schaefer, ASC, AIC – Part 1
Join Dan and Tom as they spend a couple of hours with Roberto Schaefer, ASC, AIC – Director of Photography for Quantum of Solace! Roberto has been the Director of Photography on some great films, including Finding Neverland, Monster’s Ball, Stay and many other great films.
In Part 1, we talk with Roberto about the role of Director of Photography, his work on Quantum and lots more! This is Part 1 of a Two part podcast with Roberto!
- Episode Notes
In this episode, we discuss the following topics with Roberto Schaefer, ASC, AIC:
- How Roberto got the call to be Director of Photography on Quantum of Solace
- What a Director of Photography does
- How second units work in general and in Quantum of Solace
- The prep work involved for Quantum of Solace was
- How the British crews are different than American crews
- How Roberto got his start
- Roberto’s thoughts on working for Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson
- His role in the last shot of Finding Neverland
- The significance of the transitions in Stay
- The role of Digital in the making of Quantum of Solace
- And More …