All That Glitters – The Gold in Goldfinger – Part 1,
Goldfinger is one of the best-loved James Bond films of all time!
Goldfinger Part One Episode Notes: the following topics are discussed in this episode! Take a listen now to the All That Glitters – the Gold in Goldfinger Part 1 now and remember to Subscribe to our show through your favorite podcast app!
- Of the 17 James Bond 007 films that Albert “Cubby” Broccoli produced, one of his three favorites was box office GOLD, namely Goldfinger!
- Pre-title sequence: James Bond exits the water in a dry-suit, with a duck affixed to his dry suit hood, as a decoy. But, after he blows up the nitro barrels and the drug lab successfully, he unzips the dry to suit and removes it to reveal that he is wearing evening wear complete with bow tie and carnation. Impossible right? We tell you why it IS possible and who actually did it!
- Title Sequence: who designed the Goldfinger title sequence and the Goldfinger posters, and what are the important things the sequence shows, and poster discussion
- The Fontainebleau scene and which actors really made it to Miami Beach, Florida for these scenes?
- The Bond/Goldfinger relationship is established over the “Golden Girl!”
- Discussion of SpyMovieNavigator’s recent trip to the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach Florida and what has changed!
- “Golden Girl” discussion and implications!
- The Gold in Goldfinger is everywhere. . .
- Discussion of the golf match between Bond and Goldfinger and SpyMovieNavigator’s recent visit to Stoke Poges Club in Stoke Park where these scenes were filmed! Fabulous!
- DB5 car chase and death of Tilly Masterson discussion – DB5 details, and the emotional side of Bond discussed, and sound effects discussed