Funeral in Berlin (1966) – Scene Analysis & Connections – Part 1
Join Dan and Tom as they head to Germany to attend the Funeral in Berlin! This 1966 movie is the second installment after The Ipcress File, with Michael Caine as Harry Palmer, based on Len Deighton’s novels. Part 1 of 2.
Lots of Bond connections, quips, key scenes are explored from a fresh angle. If a funeral could be fun, this is it! Join us, wont you?
- Episode Notes
In Part 1, we discuss:
- Comparing with The Spy Who Came In From The Cold for setting the tone
- The use of quips
- Airlines in movies
- How Funeral in Berlin is like The Living Daylights
- Other movies where we’ve seen Checkpoint Charlie
- Did this movie influence a scene in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
- Nikki Van Der Zyl who dubbed Samantha and her ties to James Bond
- Is there a tie-in with Inglorious Basterds?
- And More …