Mission: Impossible II
In the second installment of Mission: Impossible, Tom Cruise returns to his role as Ethan Hunt. So, we know it will be tense. Mission: Impossible II keeps the intrigue going.
In this curation of the movie, we talk about other movies as they relate to this film, and look for other connections:
- The opening with masks!
- Link to article about how they shot the rock climbing scene in the intro PLUS video of John Woo (director) discussing this scene
- Meeting Nyah influenced by West Side Story – here we show a scene from West Side Story so you can see for yourself!
- Bond definitely influenced this movie
- No dialogue in scenes similar to scenes in other movies like The Spy Who Loved Me(Union Jack Parachute), Goldeneye (bungee jump off a 750-foot dam), Rififi and Topkapi
- We need help finding a scene in another movie similar to the Stop Stumbling scene in M: I II!
- Dueling motorcycles like a Disney scene in Lion King!
... read more
Ethan Hunt leads his IMF team on a mission to capture a deadly German virus before terrorists release it. Others, too, are seeking out samples of the disease, making the Mission more Impossible. A gang of international terrorists headed by a turned bad former IMF agent already managed to steal the cure. And now, they are after the virus as well, making the mission more impossible than probable.
But, we are in Mission: Impossible II, so we are expecting things to be tense, but resolved. After all, we want Mission: Impossible III, right?
So, join us as we explore together the main video clips from the movie, and dive deep into how the movie is impacted by other spy movies. Or, how will it impact the ones to come? Why are we focused on integrating multiple spy movies even when we are curating a single movie? Because many are connected to other spy movies, real events and more. We are about podcasts, videos, and discussions – and you can participate in all!
Always check our podcast page and be sure to subscribe through your favorite provider – Look for SpyMovieNavigator and Subscribe!
- for Apple, click here
- for Android, click here